Patient Connectivity ManagementManaging disconnected patients is a major pain point for device clinics. Solve the burden once and for all.
How many billing opportunities do you miss due to disconnected patients?
- 18.6% of the followed patients are disconnected*.
- 70% of medical centers have at least 10% of disconnected patients*.
- Ensuring connectivity to remote transmitters is key to an optimal patient follow-up.
- Managing disconnected patients is a time-consuming process with a low added-value for the medical team.
Possible disconnection reasons:
- Technical issue with the transmitter
- Unplugged transmitter
- Other reasons
Achieve greater efficiency through reduced workload
Save time and automate procedures
Improve quality of patient care
Improve quality adherence
How does it work?
1. Alert Generation
If a patient disconnects from the manufacturer’s website, the Implicity platform alerts the medical team.
2. Patient Receives Automated Text Message
The patient gets a text message with a link to follow where they can specify the reason for their disconnection.
3. Connectivity Follow-Up
*Observed on 22.105 patients with Medtronic and Abbott implanted cardiac devices, remotely monitored on 7 May 2021. Implicity internal data.